Large Specialization Module Stochastics
(dt. Großes Vertiefungsmodul Stochastik)
|Level, degree of commitment in original study programme||Advanced module, compulsory elective module|
|Forms of teaching and learning,
|Lecture (4 SWS), recitation class (2 SWS), |
270 hours (90 h attendance, 180 h private study)
|9 CP |
Translation missing. German original:
Studienleistung: Erreichen von mindestens 50 Prozent der Punkte aus den wöchentlich zu bearbeitenden Übungsaufgaben.
Prüfungsleistung: Klausur oder mündliche Prüfung
|German,The grading is done with 0 to 15 points according to the examination regulations for study course M.Sc. Business Mathematics.|
|Original study programme||M.Sc. Wirtschaftsmathematik / Mathematische Vertiefungs- und Praxismodule|
|One semester, |
|Person in charge of the module's outline||All lecturers of Mathematics|
Continuation of the contents of an intermediate module, exemplary treatment of current results under inclusion of newer research literature.
The topics come from one of the following areas:
- probability theory
- Stochastic processes
The students shall
- learn about hot mathematical research topics and results,
- learn working with research literature,
- gain insight into the development of new mathematical results,
- deepen their mathematical knowledge in a specific field,
- acquire the competence to acquire and understanding of scientific articles from mathematical journals,
- practice mathematical methods (development of mathematical intuition and its formal justification, training of the ability to abstract, proof methods),
- improve their oral communication skills in the recitation classes by practicing free speech in front of an audience and during discussion.
Translation is missing. Here is the German original:
Keine. Empfohlen werden die Kompetenzen, die in den Basismodulen und in Aufbaumodulen (themenabhängig) vermittelt werden.
This page describes a module according to the latest valid module guide in Wintersemester 2018/19. Most rules valid for a module are not covered by the examination regulations and can therefore be updated on a semesterly basis. The following versions are available in the online module guide:
- WiSe 2016/17 (no corresponding element)
- SoSe 2018 (no corresponding element)
- WiSe 2018/19
- WiSe 2019/20
- WiSe 2020/21
- SoSe 2021
- WiSe 2021/22
- WiSe 2022/23
The module guide contains all modules, independent of the current event offer. Please compare the current course catalogue in Marvin.
The information in this online module guide was created automatically. Legally binding is only the information in the examination regulations (Prüfungsordnung). If you notice any discrepancies or errors, we would be grateful for any advice.