Project Work Computer Science
(dt. Projektarbeit Informatik)
|Level, degree of commitment in original study programme||Practical module, required module|
|Forms of teaching and learning,
|Selbstständige Einarbeitung und Ausführung der gestellten Aufgabe, |
360 hours (360 h private study)
Examination type: Software development (joint delivery of the developed system) with internship report (documentation of the developed solutions or solution approaches) and oral presentation of the results.
|German oder nach Absprache mit dem Betreuer in English.,Das Modul ist unbenotet gemäß der Prüfungsordnung für den Studiengang M.Sc. Computer Sciences.|
|Original study programme||M.Sc. Informatik / Praxis- und Profilmodule|
|Two semesters, |
|Person in charge of the module's outline||All lecturers of Computer Sciences|
Knowledge, methods and techniques from sub-areas of computer science are applied to a concrete problem. Procedure:
- Familiarisation with and study of the literature relevant to the project
- Project definition, planning and presentation of the project and its parts in the form of seminar presentations after the induction phase.
- Structuring of the project into partial problems, scheduling of the processing of partial problems and the integration of partial solutions, definition of subgroups for the processing of partial tasks, definition of interfaces, etc.
- Documentation and operating instructions for software systems
- Monitoring the progress of the work and adherence to the schedule.
- Preparation of a final report containing a systematic description of the problem dealt with and the solution adopted, a description of the factual and temporal structuring of the problem handling and the compilation and discussion of the results obtained.
- Presentation of the completed project in a public lecture
- Working on an extensive task from computer science in a team of several students; development, adaptation, extension and development of methods relevant for problem solving; instruction of participants to learn, plan and work on their own responsibility,
- Practice of project management and monitoring methods, e.g.requirements, planning, milestones, keeping minutes, deadlines, delegation, controlling; practice of team-related social skills: Cooperation, team development, leadership, motivation, well-structured team, working under deadline pressure,
- Mastery of methods of documentation and presentation of IT projects for users and third parties in the form of program documentation, project reports and, if necessary, publications.
- Je nach Entwicklungsaufgabe
This page describes a module according to the latest valid module guide in Wintersemester 2019/20. Most rules valid for a module are not covered by the examination regulations and can therefore be updated on a semesterly basis. The following versions are available in the online module guide:
- WiSe 2016/17 (no corresponding element)
- SoSe 2018 (no corresponding element)
- WiSe 2018/19
- WiSe 2019/20
- WiSe 2020/21
- SoSe 2021
- WiSe 2021/22
The module guide contains all modules, independent of the current event offer. Please compare the current course catalogue in Marvin.
The information in this online module guide was created automatically. Legally binding is only the information in the examination regulations (Prüfungsordnung). If you notice any discrepancies or errors, we would be grateful for any advice.