(dt. Probabilistische Kombinatorik)
|Level, degree of commitment in original study programme||Advanced module, compulsory elective module|
|Forms of teaching and learning,
|Lecture (4 SWS), recitation class (2 SWS), |
270 hours (90 h attendance, 180 h private study)
Course requirement: Successful completion of at least 50 percent of the points from the weekly exercises.
Examination type: Written or oral examination
|German,The grading is done with 0 to 15 points according to the examination regulations for study course M.Sc. Business Mathematics.|
|Original study programme||M.Sc. Wirtschaftsmathematik / Mathematische Vertiefungs- und Praxismodule|
|One semester, |
|Person in charge of the module's outline||Prof. Dr. Volkmar Welker|
Positive probability to prove existence
1st and 2nd moment method
Lovasz Local Lemma
- derive basic properties of combinatorial structures with the help of probabilistic methods,
- recognize combinatorial structures in different contexts and analyze them with the help of probabilistic methods.
- the practice of mathematical methods (development of mathematical intuition and its formal justification, training of the ability to abstract, proof methods),
- in the recitation classes, their oral communication skills through discussion and free speech in front of an audience.
None. The competences taught in the following modules are recommended: either Elementary Stochastics [Bachelor Module] or Elementary Stochastics [Lehramt Module], Discrete Mathematics.
This page describes a module according to the latest valid module guide in Wintersemester 2019/20. Most rules valid for a module are not covered by the examination regulations and can therefore be updated on a semesterly basis. The following versions are available in the online module guide:
- WiSe 2016/17 (no corresponding element)
- SoSe 2018 (no corresponding element)
- WiSe 2018/19
- WiSe 2019/20
- WiSe 2020/21
- SoSe 2021
- WiSe 2021/22
The module guide contains all modules, independent of the current event offer. Please compare the current course catalogue in Marvin.
The information in this online module guide was created automatically. Legally binding is only the information in the examination regulations (Prüfungsordnung). If you notice any discrepancies or errors, we would be grateful for any advice.