Large Specialization Module Databases
(dt. Großes Vertiefungsmodul Datenbanksysteme)
|Level, degree of commitment in original study programme||Advanced module, compulsory elective module|
|Forms of teaching and learning,
|Lecture (4 SWS), recitation class (2 SWS), |
270 hours (90 h attendance, 180 h private study)
Course requirement: Successful completion of at least 50 percent of the points from the weekly exercises.
Examination type: Written or oral examination
|German,The grading is done with 0 to 15 points according to the examination regulations for study course M.Sc. Data Science.|
|Original study programme||M.Sc. Data Science / Informatik Vertiefungsmodule|
|One semester, |
|Person in charge of the module's outline||Prof. Dr. Bernhard Seeger|
Continuation of the contents of an intermediate module, exemplary treatment of current results under inclusion of newer research literature.
The topics originate from the field of database and information systems.
The students shall
- know about current research problems and results,
- learn how to deal with research literature,
- gain insight into the emergence of new results from the field of database and information systems,
- deepen their knowledge of computer science in a specific area,
- strengthen the competence to independently acquire current scientific contributions from national and international scientific publications,
- practice IT methods for data management (development and application of basic solution strategies and their formal description, training of abstraction skills, system development),
- improve their oral communication skills in the exercises by practicing free speech in front of an audience and during discussion.
This page describes a module according to the latest valid module guide in Sommersemester 2021. Most rules valid for a module are not covered by the examination regulations and can therefore be updated on a semesterly basis. The following versions are available in the online module guide:
- WiSe 2016/17 (no corresponding element)
- SoSe 2018 (no corresponding element)
- WiSe 2018/19
- WiSe 2019/20
- WiSe 2020/21
- SoSe 2021
- WiSe 2021/22
The module guide contains all modules, independent of the current event offer. Please compare the current course catalogue in Marvin.
The information in this online module guide was created automatically. Legally binding is only the information in the examination regulations (Prüfungsordnung). If you notice any discrepancies or errors, we would be grateful for any advice.