Independent Scientific Work Mathematics
(dt. Selbstständiges wissenschaftliches Arbeiten Mathematik)
|Level, degree of commitment in original study programme||Profile module, required module|
|Forms of teaching and learning,
|Private study unter Anleitung, |
270 hours (270 h private study)
Examination type: Oral examination
|German,Das Modul ist unbenotet gemäß der Prüfungsordnung für den Studiengang M.Sc. Mathematics.|
|Original study programme||M.Sc. Mathematik / Praxis- und Profilmodule|
|One semester, |
|Person in charge of the module's outline||All lecturers of Mathematics|
- Independent scientific work in a field of specialisation
- Individual content and technical preparatory work for the Master's thesis
- Students should acquire the ability to independently check and expand the state of knowledge in a scientific field on the basis of literature recommendations and to familiarise themselves with the state of research,
- Acquire knowledge of subject-specific methods of literature search,
- acquire/deepen the ability to master the typesetting systems used to produce mathematical works,
- Software systems that support the scientific work in the field of the master thesis.
None. We recommend the competences taught in the basic modules as well as in the intermediate and advanced modules.
- Je nach Gebiet der Masterarbeit.
This page describes a module according to the latest valid module guide in Sommersemester 2021. Most rules valid for a module are not covered by the examination regulations and can therefore be updated on a semesterly basis. The following versions are available in the online module guide:
- WiSe 2016/17 (no corresponding element)
- SoSe 2018 (no corresponding element)
- WiSe 2018/19
- WiSe 2019/20
- WiSe 2020/21
- SoSe 2021
- WiSe 2021/22
The module guide contains all modules, independent of the current event offer. Please compare the current course catalogue in Marvin.
The information in this online module guide was created automatically. Legally binding is only the information in the examination regulations (Prüfungsordnung). If you notice any discrepancies or errors, we would be grateful for any advice.