Selected Topics in Mathematics A (Proseminar)
(dt. Ausgewählte Themen der Mathematik A („Proseminar“))
|Level, degree of commitment in original study programme||Intermediate module, required module|
|Forms of teaching and learning,
|Seminar (2 SWS), |
90 hours (30 h attendance, 60 h private study)
Examination type: Presentation with written assignment
|German,Das Modul ist unbenotet gemäß der Prüfungsordnung für den Studiengang B.Sc. Mathematics.|
|Original study programme||B.Sc. Mathematik / Seminare|
|One semester, |
each summer semester
|Person in charge of the module's outline||All lecturers of Mathematics|
- Topics of mathematics building on the basic modules only
- Topics are assigned to students individually or subject areas are assigned to small groups of students.
- Familiarization with the topic based on scientific literature in self-study supported by feedback from the lecturer
- One lecture per participant on assigned topic, to be held in a mostly free and adjusted to the level of the seminar participants,
- Discussion about the lectures
- work independently on an easily accessible mathematical topic,
- get to know the basic techniques of independent scientific work,
- practice preparing mathematical contents and supplementing them with explanatory information,
- learn how to work with scientific literature and acquire techniques for finding literature,
- practice giving a structured lecture on an simple mathematical topic,
- practice dealing with presentation media,
- improve their oral communication skills by practicing free speech in front of a larger audience and during discussion,
- learn how to work with mathematical typesetting programs when preparing the lecture notes.
None. The competences taught in the following modules are recommended: either Foundations of Mathematics and Linear Algebra I and Linear Algebra II or Basic Linear Algebra, either Analysis I and Analysis II or Basic Real Analysis.
- Entsprechend des Themas des jeweiligen Promseminars
This page describes a module according to the latest valid module guide in Wintersemester 2021/22. Most rules valid for a module are not covered by the examination regulations and can therefore be updated on a semesterly basis. The following versions are available in the online module guide:
- WiSe 2016/17 (no corresponding element)
- SoSe 2018 (no corresponding element)
- WiSe 2018/19
- WiSe 2019/20
- WiSe 2020/21
- SoSe 2021
- WiSe 2021/22
The module guide contains all modules, independent of the current event offer. Please compare the current course catalogue in Marvin.
The information in this online module guide was created automatically. Legally binding is only the information in the examination regulations (Prüfungsordnung). If you notice any discrepancies or errors, we would be grateful for any advice.