This entry is from Winter semester 2021/22 and might be obsolete. No current equivalent could be found.
Selected Advanced Topics in Business Mathematics (Seminar)
(dt. Ausgewählte fortgeschrittene Themen der Wirtschaftsmathematik („Seminar“))
|Level, degree of commitment
|Profile module, depends on importing study program
|Forms of teaching and learning,
|Seminar (2 SWS),
90 hours (30 h attendance, 60 h private study)
Examination type: Presentation with written assignment
|German,The module is ungraded in accordance with the examination regulations for the degree program M.Sc. Business Mathematics.
|M.Sc. Business Mathematics
|Person in charge of the module's outline
|All lecturers of Mathematics
- Advanced mathematics topics, which approach the state of the art in research
- Topics are distributed to individual students or subject areas are distributed to small groups of students
- Familiarisation with the topic on the basis of scientific literature in self-study, supported by feedback from the lecturer
- One lecture per participant on the respective topic, largely free and comprehensible for the seminar participants
- Discussion about the lectures
The students shall
- work independently on a special mathematical topic,
- develop their ability to carry out scientific work independently,
- practice preparing and subdividing mathematical connections and supplementing them with explanatory content,
- learn how to work with scientific literature and acquire techniques for finding literature,
- practice giving a structured presentation tailored to the audience's competences,
- deepen the handling of presentation media,
- deepen the ability for structured discussion of mathematical content in groupss,
- further qualify themselves in the use of mathematical text typesetting programs during the writing of the seminar report.
The module can be attended at FB12 in study program(s)
- M.Sc. Business Mathematics
When studying M.Sc. Business Mathematics, this module can be attended in the study area Specialization Modules.
- According to the topic of the respective seminar
This page describes a module according to the latest valid module guide in Winter semester 2021/22. Most rules valid for a module are not covered by the examination regulations and can therefore be updated on a semesterly basis. The following versions are available in the online module guide:
- Winter 2016/17 (no corresponding element)
- Summer 2018
- Winter 2018/19
- Winter 2019/20
- Winter 2020/21
- Summer 2021
- Winter 2021/22
- Winter 2022/23
- Winter 2023/24 (no corresponding element)
The module guide contains all modules, independent of the current event offer. Please compare the current course catalogue in Marvin.
The information in this online module guide was created automatically. Legally binding is only the information in the examination regulations (Prüfungsordnung). If you notice any discrepancies or errors, we would be grateful for any advice.